Proposals by the International Association of Insurance Supervisors are undermined by continued difficulties defining systemic risk and agreeing valuation methods.
Member states’ agreed negotiating position could form the basis of a compromise to break parliamentary deadlock.
Basel Committee faces challenges resolving fundamental philosophical differences about measuring interest rate risk for capital charge purposes.
The days of convenient 'commission bundling' are coming to an end for fund managers and brokers due to MiFID II.
Dual-sided reporting of derivative trades has proved highly problematic due to the absence of agreed trade repository protocols in Europe.
An Iosco board meeting decided to focus on market-wide risks from specific activities, but there is still uncertainty about where the workstream will lead.
- Broader concerns overshadow insurance higher loss absorbency plan
- Basel tries to split the difference on banking book rules
- Securities regulators break ranks on asset manager SIFI designation
- European Council seizes the initiative on bank structural reform
- Round table: Trends and risks in financial regulation