As the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision prepares to finalise the first phase of a complete overhaul of the Pillar 3 framework, industry players are calling for a second consultation.
A new parliamentary rapporteur is winning broad-based support, but the move beyond International Organisation of Securities Commissions principles still raises concerns.
The European securities regulator has chosen to define fixed-income liquidity by classes of instrument, sparking fears of a blunt measure.
Tighter concentration limits and increasingly scarce high-quality sovereign bonds could scupper plans for EU government funds.
The Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations sought to kick-start regulation of bank holdings of physical commodities, but momentum may be lost with the senator’s retirement.
The UK senior managers regime is at the forefront of international efforts to align incentives with good risk management, but legal difficulties abound.
- IAIS launches global Insurance Capital Standards
- Regulator discord over resolution proposals
- Buy-side waits for regulators to take next step on resolution swap stays
- G20 nations hesitate on TLAC as Europe warns of unlevel playing field
- All hands on deck for the final Solvency II implementation drive